Sunday 21 June 2015

About Hungarian coins

In the last few days I got some postcards from abroad. I think this is the time to set my profile to holiday mode, as I'm not able to send any postcards from the camp, or at least it wouldn't be the same anymore... but it seems I keep getting them from others. 

FROM the USA

I got this postcard from Oregon. I really love bald eagles, they are one of my favourite animals. Although I have been to the USA several times, I haven't had the chance to see any, I wish I would! Maybe in this year, or in the next years - who knows where I'm heading after camp! 

FROM Portugal

The girl sent this postcard from nearby Porto. She met some Hungarians in Madeira, and she mentioned me how kind they were, so she would really like to visit Hungary in the future. I would also love to visit Portugal and Porto, when I was on Erasmus in Helsinki I shared the room with a Portuguese girl, who also studies in Porto, so it would be nice to visit her! 

FROM Russia

This postcard came from East Russia, from nearby the sea. You can see Nakkodka Bay with Sister Mountain, which is the symbol of the village where the girl lives. I really like this picture, I wish I could visit this area! *.*

FROM Russia

I got this card from Moscow. The girl collects stamps and coins, so I wrote a letter to her whether she wants to swap any of them, but she hasn't replied to me yet. She wrote she hasn't been to Hungary before, so in my opinion some Hungarian coins would be nice in her collection. As I have more visitors on my blog from abroad than from Hungary, I would like to describe how the Hungarian coins (Forint) look like. There are several coins:
- 5: has the Great Egret bird
- 10: has the coat of arms of Hungary
- 20: has the stool iris 
- 50: has Saker falcon on it. Sometimes there are unique 50 Forints, on some anniversaries or on some kind of special events. They are pretty rare, and quite hard to find. 
- 100: also has the coat of arms of Hungary, but in my opinion it's much more beautiful than the 10 Forints.
- 200: this is the most beautiful one. It has the Chain Bridge on it. Before the banknote was changed to coin, people can vote what kind of motives we want to have on the 200 Forints coin. Most people voted for the Chain Bridge, so eventually that was put on it.

FROM Germany

I got this card from North Germany. It's a free card, which I really liked there - in a lot of bars, pubs, hostels, etc. you could find several nice and funny postcards. When I was in Hamburg and Bremen I took home a lot of free postcards and put into my collection. Next time, if I'm in Germany again, I'll collect more cards I'm sure :D

2 comments:

  1. Last one from Germany looks like Marshmallows to be roast over a camp fire. Up here in North Idaho I see quite a few bald eagles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, exactly, the on the last picture there are some marshmallows actually! :) Although I can speak German, I don't really get the card's joke to be honest :D :$

    ReplyDelete