Monday 8 June 2015

Hungarian embrodiery

In the last days of my stay in Hungary I received some postcards and I sent 1 as well to Japan. 

TO Japan

The girl wanted to get pictures about national costumes. So I chose this card, which has some Hungarian clothes with traditional embrodiery style, called Kalocsai. In Hungary we have quite many type of traditional costumes. My favourite is this one, and the "Matyó". Unfortunately we can hardly find these kind of clothes and they are very expensive to purchase in my opinion. Usually folk dancers wear traditional costumes, but I think I haven't seen them wearing Kalocsai or Matyó before. Of course it depends on the area of the country of course. I don't live close to the Great Plain, where Kalocsai and Matyó are popular. Other popular embrodieries from Hungary are Kalotaszegi, Torockoi, etc.

FROM Estonia

This person sent me a piece of napkin as well. I'm collecting napkins too. It was strange, because the napkin is in Hungarian :D

FROM Norway

The guy felt what my favourite aircraft is - the Boeing 747! Unfortunately I haven't travelled with any before, but I hope it will change in the near future :) 

FROM France

This place is wonderful! The mountain is called Pyrenees, and it's on the border of France and Spain. I would like to visit this place soo much in the future *.*

FROM Finland

I liked this card. I already have a Finnish flag, it's above my bed, and it's anormous! So I can put this card next to it and enjoy them together :D

2 comments:

  1. I never think of France with running water.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, France has more than the Eiffel Tower :)

    ReplyDelete