Monday 23 March 2015

Easter is coming!

I am finally back to Budapest and had the chance to look for a postcard with Easter theme. Well, firstly I didn't realize that I can buy a postcard which has Easter on it, but, thanks to my surfer, Ceci, I could buy a card. 

Ohh, yes, in these days, from Sunday to Tuesday Cecilia is surfing at my place. She's from Taiwan, but studies in Barcelona as an exchange student. She was looking for a host on Couch Surfing in Budapest, and I invited her to my place. We went out together in the last 2 days, and today we went to visit the sights in Pest side: Parliament, St. Stephen's Basilica, the Main Market at Fővám tér, Heroes' Square and we had a walk from there to the Opera House on Andrássy út. Ohh, and we went to have a coffee in Café Frei! 

In front of the Main Market we found some cheap postcards. I bought some touristic postcards for my future swaps, and then I went to Ceci to help her to choose. She was looking at some different kind of postcards, where Hungarian traditions could be seen on pictures. She asked about them, and eventually she made me buy this postcard too:



TO Germany

So I can finally send my postcard to the German address I got! :) Let me talk about the old tradition in Hungary, while the new generation didn't ruin it. So on Easter Mondays boys went to the girls' house and they sprinkled them with a bucket of water. Cecilia told me it sounds funny, and I agreed, but having this kind of experience on ourselves is not the funniest to be honest, though it hasn't happened to me before. By the way, boys did this with girls, because beliefs said from water girls became bigger and more prettier. In return, girls gave an Easter egg for the boys, which was mostly red. In these days boys don't really sprinkle with water anymore, although one of my friend came with a bottle of mineralwater and wanted to use that... :D So instead of water, they use scent. Just imagine that so many kind of good smell on girls when they have at least 5 boy visitors :D The Easter eggs in these years are not only red, and they have more colors as well with different patterns. The sad part of this is that nowadays many boys want to get money, and they don't care about the Easter egg anymore, which can be really yummy in my opinion :D Personally I love eating fried eggs with salt. 

This is all for now :) I really hope that my postcard will arrive to Norway soon, so I'll be able to send a new postcard for a new person during this week :) I didn't have the chance to send my other postcards yet, but tomorrow I'll go to the post office with Ceci, as she also have some cards to send :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe no one in the United States does Easter Monday. Our Easter will be celebrated on Sunday April 5th at this time no plans are set.
    As for post cards I would like to get some made up from picture I've taken.
    Coffee us ib

    ReplyDelete