Wednesday 25 March 2015

Wonderful Budapest

You remember when I asked for the first 5 addresses, where I can send my postcards? I got one for Norway... and it arrived to its place, yahooo! It could be mailed earlier, as my father tooked it to the post office, as it was in an envelope. The woman liked it, she wrote me a small message and said a thank you for choosing and sending a postcard which was on her wish list.

So, as one of my cards arrived, I could ask for a new address... and I got one from the Czech Republic!


TO the Czech Republic


The girl is looking for touristic postcards too, so why I shouldn't send her about Budapest? In the last days I went with Ceci in sight seeing and I bought some postcards too to be able to send some for my penpals or those who is doing postcrossing. It seems I got the first partner for this :D

I realized that I have more visitors from the USA than from Hungary, and I have a few visitors from other countries as well, so now I don't stop writing, but introduce Budapest :)

Budapest is the biggest city in Hungary, with 2 million people (out of 9.5 million). It has 2 parts: Buda, which has hills and higher prices, and beautiful sceneries; and Pest, which has older buildings, more shops, etc. Personally, as a Hungarian I prefer Buda, though it's more far from my school :D But I find it more natural than Pest, which has only a few trees in the downtown. However, as a tourist, I would prefer Pest of course, as most sights are there. There are many places to visit in Budapest, not only those 5 buildings which you can see on the postcard. Above St. Stephen's Basilica, the Parliament, Matthias Church, Opera House and Vajdahunyad Castle you can visit the Fishermen's Bastion (which is right next to the Matthias Church), Buda Castle, Gellért hill with the Liberty Statue, Heroes' Square, the Main Market Hall... and so on, it depends on your interests, but these are the most important sights in my opinion. /And I have the feeling of missing some of them, but anyway! :D/ 

According to the foreigners the city is really cheap, but according to us it's not. And I can just wonder about the prices nearby the touristic areas! A single ticket on any kind of transportation in Budapest costs 350 Forints, a little bit more than 1 EUR. You can eat out in a self service restaurant for about 5 EUR at least. I cannot say anything about the accommodations as I never needed to book a hotel/hostel room here, in Budapest, but I guess that cannot be so expensive either. 

Budapest is nice to be visited, as it's in the heart of Central Europe. Therefore the connections to other countries and cities are really good. You don't have to take plane everywhere, but you can be in Vienna, in Bratislava, Prague, etc, in a really short time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment