Monday 16 March 2015

First steps

After joining the site and giving my details, preferences and so on, I needed to ask for addresses where I can send postcards. We can send 5 postcards in the same time, and once the receiver get it and registrate my postcard, I can send a new one and someone in the world will send me a postcard in return. It's always a surprise from where and from whom I'm going to get the postcard.

So this time I got 5 addresses. I checked their preferences, and... here we go! :) These are the postcards I'm going to send:



TO Finland
,,The sea, once it cast its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

The women really likes birds, therefore I decided to send a postcard like this. I spend half a year in Finland, where I met a lot of seabirds... mainly in Helsinki and Suomenlinna... they were pretty horrifying and they were always looking at our food :D



TO Russia

The girl likes beaches and seashores... so I sent a postcard for her about the Lake Balaton, which is the biggest lake in Central Europe. I live 3 kms far from the lake. I really like living next to it, and I'm really proud to be so near, though I rarely swim in the lake. In summers I'm in the USA, so I don't really have the chance to go to swim in the Lake Balaton. By the way, there are many foreigners there, mainly people from Germany, the Netherlands and France... and who knows from where else :)


TO the USA

The woman is looking for literature related postcards - so why shouldn't I send a book for her? :) After searching for a postcard in my collection I found this. She is a teacher and she's planning to show the postcards she get to her students. Ohh, nice!


TO Norway

The girl is a tea lower - and I have an advertisement postcard! Unfortunately I have already drunk the sample tea - but instead of that I put there a different one, but still a forest fruit tea :D I hope she will like it, probably I would!

Yes, there are only 4 postcards... I couldn't find ny relevant postcard for my 5th person - I would like to send her a postcard related Easter. I'm planning to send the postcard for her when I return back to Budapest and have the chance to buy some postcards for Easter. I guess I should send some Easter cards for my penpals too... I totally forgot about Easter >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment