Tuesday 5 May 2015

Lets go to St. Petersburg!

Nono, I'm not going to St. Petersburg... unfortunately! But I would like to guide you there, as I had the chance to go there last year, and now I got a postcard from there! 

FROM Russia

So yeah, I went to St. Petersburg in last March from Helsinki. By ferry we could go to Russia without visa for 3 days only. So why shouldn't I go to St. Petersburg? Not like always, this time I took a tour and I didn't plan anything - just some programmes which we could choose from. The package included the room on the ferry, the accommodation, the entrance to the Hermitage, a bus tour around the city... However, I chose more activities, like visiting the cathedrals, going to St. Catherine's Palace and... going with limusine :D All of them were good! In the beginning I regret buying a ticket to the limusin, I thought that my friend is going there too, so I booked a place, then she told me that she was not going there. Anyway, but eventually I found there others, so I enjoyed it really much. We drank a Russian champagne (it was free), and visited some cathedrals in the night time. I also experienced running in the central to find a toilet in a shirt only (commoon, it was March, around 0 Degrees). We laughed a lot and sang a lot. After the limusine tour we were dropped off at a night club, which was pretty good, they played even Evanescence :D And the bartenders (who were girls) were in short skirt and when they didn't need to fill any drink, they stood up onto the bar and started dancing - almost erotically. When we finished, we caught a private car, who offered to be a taxi driver for only us :D Okay, lets go, we were 4, he was alone, so nothing can happen with us hopefully :D And nothing happened. 

We stayed in Hotel Moscow and I enjoyed it quite much, mainly the all you can eat breakfast :D We ate a lot every morning, I wish I could do it again *.* They had everything, really everything. 

Unfortunately the additional activities weren't so cheap, so I didn't attend to all of them. There were possibilities to go to a Russian dinner, where they played music, games, and had Russian food, and there was ballet as well. They were quite expensive, the dinner was 30 Euros and the ballet was around 70 Euros if I remember right. 

The ferry was also pretty cool. In the evenings we played card games, and there were parties as well. To St. Petersburg I went to the party and an Italian guy stucked onto me :D The problem was his height, he was much shorter than me, so I didn't really want to be with him :D He was pretty drunk, so fortunately on the next day he didn't even remember me :D 

I really hope to get to St. Petersburg again in the future, as in my opinion 3 days are totally not enough for that city. It's really big and there are a lot to see. I loved the buildings quite much, it's not so expensive (comparing to Helsinki), though people are really bad at talking in English. For example I went to McDonald's and wanted to buy 2 cheese burgers, 1 big Cola and 1 middle French fries, then the girl took 2 McBurgers, 2 big French fries and 1 middle Cola :D Fortunately my friends knew some Russian, so they could explain what I want to get :D

No comments:

Post a Comment