Tuesday 12 May 2015

Some Hungarian art lesson

Nowadays my postcards are really slow, though one of them arrived to its place during the last week. I asked for a new address, and I got one from the Netherlands.

TO the Netherlands

The woman is an art teacher, so I wanted to send her a postcard with an art. My first idea was to go to the Buda Castle, which has the National Gallery, where last time I saw some postcard on sale. They were really cheap in that time, so I have no idea why I didn't buy some of them. However, unfortunately I didn't have the chance to go there, mainly because I'm out of money, and because of some other factors. I wanted to buy a postcard with my favourite Hungarian painter - Pál Merse Szirnyei . Instead of him I decided to send one card from Tivadar  Kosztka Csontváry, who is my 2nd favourite. 

Tivadar Kosztka Csontváry was part of avant-garde movement of the early 20th century. He was more popular among foreigners than Hungarians in his time, but nowadays of course he is really popular in Hungary too. Most of his art were made in abroad. He made more than hundred works, which are connected with post-impressionism and expressionism. His most popular art is "The Lonely Cedar", but personally I really like the "Pilgrimage to the Cedars of Lebanon". The card shows the paint called "Waterfall at Jajce".

No comments:

Post a Comment